Using an EHR system can significantly impact a medical practice’s bottom line. Specific benefits of EHR software include:
- Saving time by automating manual processes like charting and prescribing medications
- Streamlining physician workflows with scheduling, task prioritization, and communication tools
- Protecting against data breaches and ensuring HIPAA compliance with increased PHI (protected health information) security measures
- Accessing patient records from anywhere using mobile devices
- Reporting functionality that helps providers participate in government-run EHR Incentive Programs.
Another benefit of modern EHR systems is seamless integration with practice management software. This integration eliminates time and errors caused by copying-and-pasting between software systems, reduces the amount of missed follow-up appointments, and speeds up reimbursement.
The cumulative result of these benefits is a medical practice that runs more efficiently, allowing providers and office staff to focus on caring for patients and maintaining profitability.